13 powerful stats that prove content marketing is worth the investment in 2018
A recent report by the Content Marketing Institute indicates that content marketing is showing no signs of slowing down and is even becoming easier to measure.
Here are a few fascinating stats from the report that will hopefully inspire you to start thinking about where your content marketing is going in 2018!
- Last year, B2C top performers reported their organisations spent, on average, 38% of their total marketing budget on content marketing
- 37% of all respondents said they expect their organisation’s content marketing budget to increase in the next 12 months
- 55% of respondents have a small or one person team serving the entire organisation
- 42% of organisations say they are very committed to content marketing
- 43% of marketers say their content marketing is more successful this year than last
- 72% of marketers attribute high quality content creation as being the most successful factor in their growth of content marketing
- 85% of marketers are focused on building audiences through content marketing
- 79% value creativity and craft in content creation and production
- The two types of technology with the highest reported use are analytics tools (85%) and email-focused marketing technology (78%)
- 36% of marketers have an undocumented content marketing strategy, compared with 38% of marketers who document their content marketing
- 70% of B2C marketers use blogs
- Email was voted the most effective method to communicate with audiences and distribute content (newsletters, welcome emails)
- Nearly 80% of respondents reported they can demonstrate, with metrics, how content marketing has increased audience engagement.
You can check out the entire report here.